If you’re a psychotherapist at any stage of your career who experiences stress and overwhelm related to your work, this course is for you.
Live and Online
From overwhelm to ease through mindfulness:
A course for therapists
Tuesdays, 7:00 – 8:30 PM ET
Starts May 23, 2023
Do any of these sound like you?
You want to help people and you care about your work as a therapist, but:
- Some days you wonder if you can or want to keep doing the work.
- You feel overwhelmed and depleted at the end of the work day… you dread Mondays.
- It feels like the demands of your work leave you little or no time to take even a short break or eat during the day.
- You feel like you “take it home” with you. After deeply listening to stories of trauma and holding the therapeutic environment for clients, it’s hard to transition to your own life and relax after work.
In this course developed by a therapist for therapists, you will learn the skill of mindfulness and how to apply it to your unique experience so you can:
- Experience lasting relief from chronic feelings of exhaustion, stress, and overwhelm that come from your work life.
- More fully enjoy the work that brings you meaning.
- Imagine the relief of looking at your schedule for the day and
- Looking forward to seeing even your most challenging clients.
- Knowing that you can approach a full day of clients, meetings, and administrative work and with greater focus, mental clarity, and ease.
Imagine arriving at the end of your work week feeling a little tired but content and satisfied with yourself and your work because you were able to overcome those familiar obstacles that have kept you from having the kind of work-life balance you want.
What you will get in this course
- Six hours of live, online class time offered in four, one and a half hour weekly meetings.
To truly begin to learn and then apply the skill of mindfulness, giving yourself a full month that includes practice between classes will give you a good start.
- Connecting with other therapists who are motivated like you to learn mindfulness and improve the quality of their work life offers a key ingredient for change: group encouragement and accountability.
- Learn and experience at least three different ways to practice mindfulness so you can build and strengthen the skill of mindfulness and find what kinds of practices fit you.
- Learn and practice realistic, sustainable mindfulness-based tools so you can better manage work-related stress and overwhelm. Through practical experience, discover which ones fit for you.
- Receive guided mindfulness practice recordings to download and keep so you can practice at home and into the future.
- Create your personal action plan to manage stress through mindfulness so you can foster and maintain work life well-being now and into the future.
Your investment for this course:
Time: Four sessions, one and half hours each session. That’s six hours of live instruction, practice, and peer interaction.
You are encouraged to practice mindfulness, the other skills offered in the course, and engage in self reflection as much as possible. This can take at least 30 minutes a day. Do the best you can and give it a go. It’s worth the time and effort to help you get the most out of your investment now and into the future.
Money: $297 for this pilot offering of this new course. That’s just $49.50 an hour. After this, the course will be $397.
Not sure if this course is right for you? Schedule a 15 minute conversation with me. I’m happy to answer any questions you have about the course to so you can decide for yourself if this is the right course at the right time for you. You can contact me here.
Register and pay in full for this course by 7 pm on Tuesday, May 16, 2023 and receive a FREE half hour one-on-one mindfulness coaching call with me. That’s a $90 value.
This is a great way to follow up on and strengthen what you learn through this course.
The free coaching session must be scheduled for any time after the first class and no later than June 20, 2023.
Your course instructor:
Investing your time and money in your well-being is just as important in your work as a therapist as the therapy skills you learned when you invested your time and money in graduate school.
How do I know this? From experience.
- I am a psychologist in private practice and have been a therapist for over 25 years.
- I have trained and supervised post-doctoral, doctoral, and masters level therapists for over 20 years and coordinated a training program for doctoral level students for most of that time.
- I’m a certified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and a certified Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) instructor.
- I’ve been creating and leading mindfulness-based groups for over 15 years.
Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Licensed Professional Counselors, you may be able to receive continuing education credit for this course. Contact your State Board to find out how.
Although this course is not yet offered for continuing education credits for psychologists, the plan is to do so in the future. When this course is offered again and for APA approved continuing education credits, you can take the course again for only $100. That will give you the chance to engage with the material and obtain any new material offered, engage with a new community of therapists, and strengthen your practice.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Should you choose to cancel your registration, course fees are 100% refundable until May 16, 2023 at 7 pm Eastern US time. After that date, there are no refunds, no exceptions. To cancel, please send an email.