Designed for Mental Health and Healthcare Professionals by an Experienced Mental Health Professional
Ever find yourself wondering…
- Can I be a good therapist/healthcare provider and still practice self-care and mindfulness without sacrificing productivity?
- I like the challenge and pace of my work but can I do it without feeling so drained at the end of each day?
- I want to keep working with challenging and rewarding clients but how do I sustainably manage the stress that comes with this?
If this sounds like you, you’re not alone.
As a therapist for over 24 years, I’ve felt the fast-paced and emotional demands of working in the healthcare field. Having asked myself these same questions, I know how hard it can be to look for guidance elsewhere.
Ironically, there’s an unspoken stigma with taking care of ourselves… but knowing how to prevent and move through stress and burnout is the doorway to emotional freedom.
Practicing mindfulness has shown me that taking care of our needs and serving clients to the highest standard goes hand in hand.
How Does Mindfulness Affect Therapists and Mental Healthcare Professionals?
The American Psychological Association has reported that psychotherapists who practice mindfulness meditation can experience benefits such as:
Greater empathy and patience toward clients
Less stress, rumination, and anxiety
Greater emotional intelligence
Higher-quality interactions with others
Curious to see what it could be like for yourself?
My mindfulness training and classes are open to all levels of experience. Simply decide whether you prefer to learn one-on-one or in a group setting.
Personalized Individual Mindfulness Training
Integrate mindfulness into your everyday life and professional practice with custom mindfulness lessons and exercises.
After our sessions you’ll have tools to manage the causes of burnout and meet your professional life with greater ease.
Each session is 60 minutes and delivered online via Zoom.
First Session: Introduction to Mindfulness
We’ll discuss your goals and why you’re interested in learning mindfulness. Then we’ll discuss the basics of mindfulness and how to begin to apply it to meet the challenges in your life. We’ll wrap up by talking about what you want to do next.
Ongoing Individual Sessions
60 minutes long and delivered online via Zoom.
Each additional session offers the chance to expand your knowledge and practice of mindfulness and integrate it into different aspects of your daily personal and work life.
Multiple Sessions: Building the Skill of Mindfulness
Strengthen your mindfulness knowledge and skills. Continue building the skill of mindfulness and save money with these mindfulness training bundles:
4 sessions -$600 (Save $120)
6 sessions – $800 (Save $280)
8 sessions – $997 (Save $443)
Each additional session offers the chance to go deeper to apply mindfulness into more aspects of daily professional and personal life. Gain a practical understanding of topics such as:
- How mindfulness changes your brain and body
- The neuroscience of stress and regulating your nervous system
- What mindfulness is and what it isn’t
- Mindful practices like mindful sitting, mindful mindful movement, mindful eating
- Practical ways to prevent burnout and manage stress
- Practical ways to apply mindfulness to difficult emotions and personal challenges
- How to practice self-compassion and loving kindness
- Ways to create a personalized, sustainable mindfulness practice
Have questions? Want to learn more about what to expect with individual sessions? Schedule a free 20-minute consultation now.
Mindfulness Classes for Mental Health and Healthcare Professionals
Introduction to Mindfulness for Mental Health and Healthcare Professionals
Learn about and practice mindfulness in a supportive group setting with other healthcare professionals.
Learn the basics of mindfulness, the science behind its effectiveness and how it reshapes your brain, plus several different ways you can practice it in daily life.
- Gain the tools to manage work-related stress as a healthcare professional
- Learn how to incorporate mindfulness to improve client interactions and outcomes
- Experience practices like mindful movement, mindful walking, or mindful eating
Walk away with a better understanding of mindfulness and how you can apply it in your particular field within healthcare. Plus, learn practices you can use to manage stress and anxiety on the spot.
4 weekly group sessions delivered via Zoom
90 minutes per session
Next start date: TBD
Try a FREE Mindfulness Class
Curious to get a taste of mindfulness for yourself?
Join me for a free online mindfulness class every first Monday of the month at 7:00 pm Eastern US time via Zoom.
- Learn what mindfulness is
- Learn one way to practice mindfulness
- Practice mindfulness with others
- No prior experience needed
Sign up to join the email list to stay informed about upcoming classes and all sorts of useful mindfulness-related information.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Should you choose to cancel your registration, course fees are 100% refundable until one full week prior to the start of the program. After that date, there are no refunds, no exceptions. To cancel, please send an email.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) for Mental Health and Healthcare Professionals
Join the official science-backed 8-week MBSR course developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts.
The program has been rigorously tested and shown to improve a range of psychological outcomes including lowering stress, anxiety and depression.
Research reveals that MBSR can have a positive effect on your health, quality of life, and social functioning.
Completing this class will help you to create a personalized, sustainable mindfulness practice that will prove invaluable in making your personal and work life more rewarding, meaningful, and easeful.
In this upcoming MBSR course, you will:
Learn mindfulness in a supportive group environment. Benefit from instruction combined with experiential practice.
2.5 hours/week (8 weeks)
Strengthen your focus and attention skills as you apply your mindfulness practice in a retreat setting.
Half day silent retreat
Get the tools you need to integrate mindfulness into daily life. So you can meet inevitable stressors with greater calm and ease.
Guided meditations (MP3)
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Should you choose to cancel your registration, course fees are 100% refundable until one full week prior to the start of the program. After that date, there are no refunds, no exceptions. To cancel, please send an email to: email@example.com.
Learn the what and the why to make applying mindfulness easier:
- The effects of mindfulness on the structure and functioning of your brain
- The role mindfulness plays in regulating your nervous system
- How to change your perceptions to transform your experience of stress
- How to apply mindfulness to difficult emotions and personal challenges
- How to practice self-compassion and loving-kindness
AND feel confident in your new mindfulness skills through practice:
- Sitting mindfulness practice
- Walking meditation,
- Mindful eating
- Gentle mindful movement
- Mindful listening and communication
To help you integrate the skills you learn into your daily life, you’ll be encouraged to practice mindfulness meditation daily for a minimum of 25 minutes, gradually increasing to 45 minutes a day.
Spots are limited to ensure each participant benefits from group connection and learning.
An Investment in Yourself AND Your Career
Did you know that you may be able to deduct the cost of your mindfulness training as a job-related education expense in your business? Check with your tax advisor for details.
Do you work for an organization that provides money towards your professional education? Taking a mindfulness class is a perfect way to sharpen your skills and improve your wellness at the same time!